Most people in the world do not consume enough fruits and vegetables necessary for optimal health. Studies have repeatedly shown how their consumption is linked to a better, healthier life, yet not many people have realized their value.Jump to Recipe
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), every person should consume at least five servings of fruits and vegetables daily in order to reduce their risk of developing chronic diseases. Thus, fruit juices form an integral part of the healthy diet recommended by the WHO.
Pure fruit juice extracted from raw, whole fruits has endless benefits for our health. Increased intake can minimize the occurrence of cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases, as well as reduce blood pressure.
It can also help people effectively manage Type 2 diabetes and keep them full and energetic all day long. Fruits like apples, pomegranate, and oranges contain a ton of vitamins and minerals along with bioactive compounds that are essential for preserving great health.
Why You Should Increase Your Consumption of Fruit Juices
Different fruits are powerhouses of various critical nutrients. Orange, grapefruit, pineapple, and lemon have a high concentration of vitamin C while strawberries, pomegranate, and bananas are great sources of iron, magnesium, and calcium.
Despite well-documented benefits, people still flock to supermarkets to purchase packaged fruit juices that contain mostly nothing but sugar. Natural fruit juices are a much better way to include fruits in your diet without having to think about it!
You don’t need to buy the next fancy detoxification supplement from the market when you can easily juice fruits that are available to you in every season!
Yes, drinking just one glass of fruit juice every day in the morning can detoxify your body in a much better way than a synthetic supplement.
Moreover, when you consume juice, you can be assured that all the minerals, vitamins, and enzymes available in it are easily absorbed into the body. Thus, fruit juices act as a natural detoxifier that flushes harmful toxins out of your body. A strengthened immune system is what you get in return for drinking them.
Be it the juice of an orange, pomegranate, or apple, every juice shares one thing in common; that is, they all hydrate your body and instantly make you feel refreshed. Moreover, since they’re juices, they are not hard on your digestive system and instantly provide their nutritional value to your body.
Lastly, one just cannot deny the miraculous effect that freshly squeezed fruit juice can do on your cravings. It instantly fills you up and you do not find yourself craving for an unhealthy food item anymore. Thus, you effortlessly lose weight while drinking yummy fruit juices.
Benefits of Drinking the Fruity Pom Juice
After drinking this juice, you might find yourself intrigued as to how just a humble glass of this radiant juice can improve your health in a number of ways.
- Oranges are an age-old source of vitamin C, which is vital in treating chronic diseases like cancer. Studies have also shown that oranges minimize the danger of colon cancer in people. Moreover, you need it in sufficient quantities to prevent yourself from catching various infections and viruses.
- Apples are delicious and have numerous health benefits too. They provide you with plenty of fiber, vitamin C, and minerals. It’s a great fruit for those dealing with type II diabetes as it slows the sugar absorption into the blood. They are rich in flavonoids and can help reduce a person’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Mint is especially useful for those trying to manage chronic respiratory diseases. It boosts your gut health and its role in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is also well known.
- Pomegranate is enriched with antioxidants, antitumor, and antiviral properties. It’s a potent source of folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E. Pomegranate is also an excellent immunity booster and helps to keep your diabetes in check. By eating it, you can easily regulate your blood pressure and regain your digestive health.
- Carrots prevent the development of vision problems and strengthen a weakened immune system. The vitamin A and beta carotene in it keep your skin, eyes, and heart-healthy. You will never develop any age-related diseases if you make them an integral part of your diet.
- Lemon has decisive antiviral properties and drinking lemon water daily is proven to help you lose weight and benefit from great digestion. It helps you to remain hydrated and strengthens your immune system to protect you against all kinds of flu and cold.
Health Conditions that a Fruit Juice Helps to Prevent
This fruity elixir contains many health-enhancing micronutrients like carotenoids, polyphenols, and vitamin C. This vitamin is a crucial nutrient that you will find abundantly in this juice. Often linked with low blood pressure and reduced risk of cardiovascular ailments, vitamin C also enhances the life expectancy of people.
No sugar-sweetened fruit juice on the market provides the same amount of nutrition that fresh fruit juices provide, so it’s always best to make your own!
Polyphenols found in pomegranate impart rich red color. It has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties, and it also dramatically cuts down your risk of developing metabolic disorders like diabetes.
Researches associate carotenoids with a lower risk of oral and laryngeal cancer in people.
Pomegranates have also been shown to minimize the rate of breast cancer. Citrus fruit juices like this one also work to minimize the development of coronary heart disease as they contain zero cholesterol.
Today, numerous people suffer from lifestyle problems that are a result of their unhealthy choices. Heavy food such as oily and fried foods tax your digestive system and make it unable to function properly.
On the other hand, drinking fruit juices cleanses your system and gives rest to your relentlessly working digestive system. They rejuvenate and revitalize your body, making you feel fresh and energetic at all hours of the day. You won’t have to deal with lethargy and fatigue once you regularly drink fruit juices.
Fruits like oranges and pomegranate alkalize your body and prevent you from feeling the symptoms of acidity and heartburn. They aid in healthy cell production and heal your body internally.
One of the crucial benefits that people notice when they make juices an important part of their diet is an improvement in their skin health. This is because the natural minerals in the juices harmonize the mineral and biochemical balance in your tissues and cells.
All the crucial vitamins and minerals that you do not get from your diet on a regular basis, you can instantly receive by drinking fruit juices.
Fruity Pom Recipe
- 4 oranges
- 1 apple core removed
- 1 handful mint
- 1 handful pomegranate arils
- 3 carrots
- ½ lemon
- Wash and rinse all the fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Peel the oranges and prepare them for juicing.
- Peel and chop the carrots into smaller pieces.
- Cut and de-seed the pomegranate. Set aside the arils for juicing.
- Remove the core of the apples and cut them into pieces.
- Juice all the ingredients except the lemon. Add lemon juice once the juicing process is complete.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and drink it immediately.